Brightwater’s origins can be traced back over sixty years to a small general engineering workshop established in Nelson in 1956. In 1969 the business was relocated 20 kilometres southwest of Nelson to the provincial town of Brightwater and renamed Brightwater Engineers Ltd.
By 1979, the company was a fabrication workshop with five employees mainly servicing farm machinery when it was purchased by Brightwater’s now former owner, Hugh Grey. Over the next three decades the company has grown to provide bespoke engineering solutions, industrial installation services and maintenance, fabrication and manufactured products to a number of sectors including Quarry, Industrial Energy, Water Treatment, Dairy, Forestry, Coal and Structural upgrades. In 2009 Brightwater purchased Gray Brothers Engineering located in Greymouth to further strengthen its engineering capabilities.
Today, Brightwater is still a privately owned company with over 150 staff in three locations (Nelson, Greymouth and Auckland), operating throughout New Zealand and in selected industries in Australia. At Brightwater, we have an innovative, smart yet practical, can do and safe approach to the industries we serve. We pride ourselves on being able to truly understand our client’s requirements and through a collaborative partnership provide fit for purpose industrial engineering solutions.